The ZED Bluetooth Adapter works with our mobile app to capture data required for FMCSA E-log Truck Driver ELD (Electronic Logging Device) compliance. The Bluetooth connection uses multiple levels of security to connect to the ZED app on compatible iOS and Android devices. The adapter is compatible with 9-pin J1939 diagnostic ports - both Type 1 (black/gray) and Type 2 (green).
- Connects directly to 9-pin J1939 diagnostic ports
- Connects to other ports via adapter cables
- Requires mobile device with Bluetooth version 4.0 or higher and Cellular/GPS
- For Apple iOS, requires iOS version 9.0 or higher
- iPhone 5S and later
- iPad Air and iPad Pro and later (Cellular versions only)
- iPad Mini 2 and later (Cellular versions only)
- Not compatible with iPhone 4S,5, 5C, iPod Touch
- Not compatible with iPad 1, 2, 3, 4, iPad Mini 1, or any non-Cellular iPad
- For Android, requires any Android smartphone or tablet with Android 4.4 (KitKat) or higher with Cellular/GPS
- 1-year limited warranty
Please note: that adapter cables are required for 6-pin J1708 and 16-pin J1939 diagnostic ports. Also note that Y-splitter cables may be required on vehicles (such as some Freightliner Cascadias and others) that have the diagnostic port adjacent to the clutch pedal or in some other inconvenient location. See below for our selection of cables.
Not compatible with light duty automotive vehicles with 16-pin datalinks, such as pickup trucks as small delivery vans.